This recipe makes a great winter entree dish.
1.First trim the whole tenderloin removing the stringy fat, the tip end and butt end. The center portion of the whole tenderloin should measure approximately 12 inches. Slice the tenderloin from top to bottom cutting in approximately 1/2 inch rotating the loin until getting to the center. Spread out the squared loin, cover with plastic wrap, and using a meat hammer pound out the tenderloin to an even thickness.
4 C. Cornbread
1/2 C. Sweet Onion, diced
1 T. Salt
1 T. Cracked Pepper
1 T. Ground Sage
1 T. Ground Thyme
Then mix the following and add to the cornbread mixture:
1 Egg, beaten
3/4 C. Chicken Stock
Gently toss the stuffing together and set aside.
3.Spread the stuffing evenly over the tenderloin.
4. Tightly roll the tenderloin like a pin wheel and tie the ends and middle with string (loosely).
5. Pour 1/4 C. Pure Olive Oil in a roasting pan, then place the tenderloin in the roasting pan. Brush the lion with Pure Olive Oil. Cover with Heavy Aluminum Foil.
6. Bake at 325 degrees in oven covered for approximately 1 hour.
7. Let the cooked tenderloin rest approximately 20 minutes before slicing.
8. Slice 1/2 inch slices and serve immediately!